Senescence Care Agency 
" You Trust,
We Care"

Click here to edit title

Click here to edit subtitle

Please find below a selection of useful links:

Care Quality Commission -

Mullberry House Training -

Careaware Funding -

Derbyshire County Council -


Senescence Care Agency Ltd

You may be interested to know that there are various forms of funding available to help individuals and families with the costs of domiciliary and live-in care. The government provides financial assistance, advice and other forms of support to most elderly, sick and disabled people who need help with their personal care or nursing.

Attendance Allowance
Attendance Allowance is a tax free benefit for people over 65 who need help with personal care such as getting in and out of bed, washing, eating, medication or mobility, or because they can become confused and need someone to watch over them.
Phone your local benefits office or (0845) 7123456 for advice.

Benefits Enquiry Line
This is a confidential FREEPHONE service for people with disabilities, their representatives and carers.
Phone (0800) 882200

Carers Allowance
A taxable benefit for people such as friends and family members, who look after someone, who gets Attendance Allowance or Disability Living Allowance. Extra expenses can be claimed for paying a third party to provide care while you are out.
Phone your local benefits office or (0800) 882200

Community Care ‘Direct Payments’
As an alternative to giving you community care services, councils are obliged to offer you Direct Payments (if you meet certain conditions) to pay for your own private homecare arrangements and related activities such as shopping services. 
Social Services can also suggest special equipment to make life easier for you, e.g., grab rails and bathroom aids.
Phone your local Social Services care managers.

Continuing Care (NHS) 
Your every nursing and care need is entitled to be paid for ‘in any setting’ – including in your own home – if, following a short clinical assessment, your local health authority agrees your health needs meet their criteria for funding. This may amount to more than £1,000 per week in aid which can be spent, for example, on 24-hour live-in nursing, night nurses or daily respite. 
Phone NHS Direct on (0845) 4647

Disability Living Allowance 
A tax-free benefit for children and adults with a disability or illness who need help with getting around or personal care and who claim before the age of 65.
Phone your local benefits office or (0845) 7123456

Independent Living Fund 
The top-up fund that works in conjunction with Social Services. ILF pays grants to people with high support needs who wish to live independently. ILF disregards a client’s earnings and that of partners so you can earn without losing any funding.
Phone (0845) 6018815

Long-term Care Insurance (‘Care Fee Payment Plans’) 
This type of insurance pays out a tax-free income if you become unable to cope on your own. The income can be used to provide private help in your own home. Most insurers offer an ‘immediate care insurance’ scheme for those who need immediate and on-going care; normally you would pay a single premium, with the amount based on how long the insurance company thinks you will need care.

You should check if any existing health insurance policies you have would pay the cost of your fees.
See your phone book for insurance providers or speak first to an independent financial advisor.
Senior Line
a welfare advice line run by Help the Aged for older people and their carers. Free, confidential and impartial advice about Benefits and community care.
Phone (0808) 8006565